* For Course Schedule see bottom of this page *
This course is designed to train and educate Federal Government and contractor personnel performing as adjudicators or performing adjudicative-type functions at all grade levels, in the basic purpose, intent, procedures and application of the Personnel Security and Personnel Suitability Adjudication Programs in reaching potential security and trustworthiness determinations.
This course covers suitability determinations for Federal Government employment and contracting, under the Code of Federal Regulations 5CFR731, and for security clearance determinations under the Federal Adjudication Guidelines mandated by E.O. 12968. Students must demonstrate fundamental ability to research, analyze, weigh, decide and act on given security and suitability information. Because this course is designed to teach the skills necessary to adjudicate in a Security Office, Human Resource office or Adjudication Facility, it relies on practical exercises in class. These practical exercises help in the primary functions of the adjudicator in identifying personnel security and suitability issues and making determinations in more frequent issues encountered by them.
Students will learn:
- the role of the adjudicator along with investigative counterintelligence, personnel and law enforcement agencies in personnel security;
- the process for making a personnel security or suitability determination;
- policy guidelines and their application in classroom cases;
- to identify basic issues requiring further investigation or determination;
- the actions involved in unfavorable determinations;
- how to adjudicate cases for security clearance eligibility under E.O. 12968 and the Adjudication Guidelines;
- how to adjudicate cases for suitability for employment under 5CFR731;
- what Due Process is and when it is initiated;
- how to adjudicate all investigative files objectively without bias;
- how to read a Credit Report.
Instructor: Ken Sudol
Tuition: $895 per person
Course Length: 4 days
Prerequisites: It is desirable that attendees have a basic working knowledge of the personnel security or personnel suitability program. Each participant must be a U.S. Citizen or Naturalized U.S. Citizen
"I have been to many training conferences and I can say with all honesty that this was the most informative and best presented training conference ever."
-- R. McBane, U.S. Army
Personnel Security and Suitability Adjudication
|Course ID: (click to register)
|STAF8220D||May 7-10, 2012||Washington, DC|
|STAF8220D||July 9-12, 2012||Washington, DC|
|STAF8220D||September 10-13, 2012||Washington, DC|
|STAF8220D||November 5-8, 2012||Washington, DC|
"Best training class ever attended. The instructor and instruction met my expectations. Thank you for expanding my understanding on Personnel Security and Suitability Adjudication."
-- D. Hawkins, DHS